Ensocare creates innovative web-based solutions to automate patient discharge at hospitals, along with our free-to-consumer search products.
We're now seeking smart, passionate individuals to join our development team as we attack a variety of interesting projects. Ensocare is looking for experienced Apple/Android Mobile Developers to help engineer and support the next generation of our products. You'll help design, develop and deploy software solutions for Ensocare and our customers. As a team member, you'll be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle – design, build, test, deploy, document and ongoing product support.
Ensocare, A CQuence Health Group Company
Voted best place to work in Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, we understand the importance of fostering a great culture for our employees. Our work environment is casual and flexible, but we’re serious about valuing open feedback and recognizing individuals and teams for a job well done. Employees enjoy a robust wellness program, with an on-site gym and fitness classes, plus monthly development opportunities that allow them to grow personally and professionally. One of our newest benefits – volunteer time off – lets employees give back to the community and use paid time off to do it. Serving others is at the heart of everything we do.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain our current and future mobile-based applications for both Android/iOS platforms
- Backend services built on Java with Spring, Spring Web Flow, Spring Batch, JMS and - SQL Server 2014
- Provide innovative technical input to evolve existing products and create new products
- Lead the other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Ability to be on-call for production support
- Provide high-confidence estimates and direction for components to be built.
- Proven team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain drug free and abide by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- 6+ years Java/J2EE experience
- 3+ years Android SDK, Swift and/or Objective-C
- Experience with publishing mobile applications to Apple and Google App Stores
- Deep understanding of web standards & technologies (ex. HTTP, REST, SOAP and JSON)
- Experience with AngularJS or similar frameworks are a plus
- Strong relational database skills, SQL Server 2014 database skills
- Advanced T-SQL or other RDBMS experience are a plus
- Experience with the Spring Framework – Web flow, Batch, JSF
- Experience in automated testing JUnit, JMeter, Mobile Testing frameworks etc.
- Experience with JMS is a plus
- Experience with NOSQL technologies is a plus
- Supporting applications in Windows/Linux/Mobile platforms
- Solid programming skills in HTML/CSS/JS
- Expert in object oriented development, component based development, patterns and design for reuse
- Knowledge of Agile & TDD methodologies Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and creative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with client technology and brand teams
- Coach and mentor other members on the team.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to interact competently and comfortably over the telephone.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or 10+ years of equivalent experience.
Experience in Java Web/J2EE development, programming and software and application development.
- Background in the medical IT industry
- Experience architecting secure Web Service APIs for consumption by third parties
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Image processing software
- An understanding of the basic coding techniques used for developing for reuse
- The ability to develop and execute a unit test plan and work towards delivering code that is free of bugs and satisfies all communicated requirements