Autodesk is undertaking a strategic initiative to improve our customers’ experience, both internal and external, with better access and improved functionality to our core back-office services. As part of this initiative we are investing in software development efforts specifically focused on making it easier for our customers to get help and support; and to learn how to use our services along with better automation of the processes associated with those services.
As a part of this effort, Autodesk is seeking an energetic and motivated software engineer to act as a principle contributor designing and implementing new and innovative web-based services, automations, and mobile applications. These tools and automations will be integrated into our core back-office services, assisting our internal divisions in product development, sales, and others on delivering key initiatives.
Our culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for providing world class service.
Here is how you can contribute to our team and our organization:
This position will be an instrumental member of a small tight-knit team developing brand new services, and needs to be able to work well in a ‘startup’ mentality. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology and skilled in software development for scalable web services, and mobile application development ideally with experience in additional technologies related to IT infrastructure such as cloud technology stacks and server automation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and implementation of well-architected and scalable enterprise mobile applications through the evaluation, integration and deployment of open source and commercial components.
- Design, develop, re-factor, optimize, and enhance web application software utilizing Java and other open source technologies.
- Measure and optimize software and end-to-end system performance
- Collaboratively work with architects, engineers and vendors to realize the total product vision as a comprehensive world-class solution
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems
- Take on areas of technical ownership within the overall solution and be the go to person for technical guidance, design and code reviews, and problem solving
- Document system and application architectures
- Work with adjacent teams to integrate new services with other platform web services providing user identity and analytics
- Partner with operations staff to develop testing and monitoring strategies and resolve defects and customer-reported issues. Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed software or feature.
- Write and maintain the code so that it can be tested using automatic methods. Write and maintain automatic tests as appropriate.
- Create and follow processes and procedures to ensure maintainable application development, including source code management, automated build processes and appropriate documentation
At least 2 years of experience in the following: Mobile Developer
Mobile Development (Application Platform iOS (Swift and Objective C and/or Android Java and Google Play Services)
- Interaction paradigm and User Interface (UI) elements supporting the compatibility of different browsers and devices (E.g. Firefox versus IE and mobile web versus desktop)
- Integration with exposed services (E.g. REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Common security and performance patterns
- Managing device compatibility
- Application deployment process iTunes Connect or Application deployment process in Google Play Store/Android for Work
- Application approval process in iTunes Connect (E.g. the common rejection reasons by Apple) or challenges introduced by Android OS fragmentation
At least 1 year of experience in each of the following: Back End Developer
Building distributed systems, & CI/CD
- Java and J2EE
- Cloud infrastructure elements (e.g. AWS)
- Designing for scale
- Service design for cloud environment
- Basic algorithms and approaches and optimization
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Qualitative Skills :
- Self-directed technical lead, willingness to take initiative, propose technical directions, make decisions and resolve issues
- Able and willing to effectively mentor junior team members and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Innovative but able to choose a solution that is pragmatic and results-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic team player who works well with others and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.